Researched Argument Prompt
Im trying to learn for my English class and Im stuck. Can you help?
Researched Argument (750-1000 words)
For this assignment, you will be writing a researched argument in which you take a topic related to one of the pieces of writing we have read this semester and create a thesis driven argument. This researched argument needs to be accompanied by a Works Cited page including an absolute minimum of five sources. You need to include a well-analyzed variety of source styles to provide sufficient grounds for your argument. MLA style must be followed through both the argument and the Works Cited page.
More details on the structure and requirements of the Researched Argument can be found in the weekly lectures of the coming weeks.
This paper must:
- Be 750-1000 words
- Use correct formatting (12pt. Times New Roman, double-spaced, one-inch margins, MLA heading/header, Works Cited page, etc.)
- Have a clear, focused thesis
- Have effective, accurate organization that matches your thesis
- Include cohesive, developed paragraphs (topic sentence, sufficient evidence, explanation)
- Contain specific supporting details and smoothly integrated quotations that are correctly formatted
- Utilize a tone effective for the audience (someone who is in neutral position)
- Consider the audience (people at Lone Star College who are not in this class)
- Effectively incorporate and synthesize information from external sources