[SOLVED] virtual child essay age 6-11
Help me study for my Psychology class. Im stuck and dont understand.
Answer the questions listed under each assignment, citing specific examples from your child. Type up the answers in 12 point font, double-spaced, with a recommended 2-4- page length for each assignment. Add the questions and then the answers to the document.
Age 6 years, 11 months
1. How well is your child adapting to social situations in the home and outside the home? Does your child have any behavior or emotional problems at this point? Why do you think these problems are occurring and what are you doing about them? — 1 point for describing an example of a situation in the home and 1 outside the home where the child is adapting well or not so well.
2. Do you notice any improvements in cognitive and language skills since age 4? Give specific examples. Does your child have any special needs with regard to cognitive or language development at this point and what do you plan to do?
3. Which aspects of your childs behavior and personality reflect continuities from earlier behavior (e.g., at ages 3-4 years) and which seem to be novel for this age level?
8 years, 11 months
1. How smart is your child, and in what areas? Think back to the blurb on multiple intelligences that appeared at age 6. Find specific evidence regarding your child’s verbal, logical, mathematical, spatial, musical and bodily-kinesthetic intelligence from your observations of your own child as well as the psychologist’s report at age 8 years, 11 months.
2. Describe some examples of your child’s behavior or thinking that you think are due to typical American gender role socialization and explain why you think so. Several examples can be found at ages 6 and 8. How closely does your attitude toward gender roles correspond to typical American attitudes, and if there is a discrepancy, to what do you attribute this (e.g., cultural background, attitudes of your own parents, etc.)?
3. How might your child’s development have been different if she/he was raised by people with a different socioeconomic, ethnic or cultural background? Base your answer on specific evidence of SES/cultural differences from the textbook and class lectures.
10 years, 11 months
1. Describe changes in your childs academic skills between ages 6 and 10 and assess how well these skills are developing. The 5th-grade report card will be useful for this but you should also incorporate your own observations. What are you doing to help your child?
2. How well is your child adapting to social situations in the home and outside the home? Does your child have any behavior or emotional problems at this point? Why do you think these problems are occurring and what are you doing about them?
3. Has your parenting changed since the preschool period and if so, why do you think it has changed and what effect might this have on your child? Refer to your textbook or lecture notes for evidence on typical changes in parenting that occur in middle childhood.