[SOLVED] Understanding Research Design and Approaches Assignment
Need help with my Sociology question – Im studying for my class.
This discussion will help you think about the varied research approaches and how they can be applied based on certain world views or the nature of the groups you wish to research. By choosing the best approach from the start, researchers are much more likely to get the best results to answer research questions. In your initial post, address the following:
- Select a research topic that interests you and also is an important social problem. Then, use the four combinations of worldviews, designs, and research methods in Figure 1.1 of Chapter 1 of the course text (In the word doc attached below) to discuss a project involving your selected research topic that brings together worldview, designs, and methods. Identify whether this would involve quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-methods research.
- Using the research project you have described above, state the essence of this study in one sentence and then write your research title. By doing this, you focus on the key elements of the study.
- Explain the key elements of your proposed study: What is the social problem? Which identity group in society is most affected by this social problem? Is there a particular place or other unique aspect which is important to note about your study?
- Next, list three keywords related to your topic and use these keywords to do a database search for journal articles on the topic in the Ashford University Library. Indicate the three keywords in your post and list an example of a journal article found for each key word. (Note: Each journal article found must be listed in APA format.) Indicate if you needed to adjust your keywords in order to locate appropriate journal articles for your study, and explain that process.
Your initial post should be at least 550 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.
* 550 words minimum in the Main Response
* A citation and reference in the Main Response – this is where students often lose points, which can add up and make the difference in your overall course grade, so be diligent about this!
Here’s a sample of a citation (Fournier, 2019). This goes in the body of your post or paper. It may also take this format (http://www.areallygoodarticle.com).
Here’s a sample of a Reference. This goes at the end of your post or at the end of your papers on a separate page. The format may vary depending on the type of source. A site I like to use for examples is OWL APA – you can Google this and bookmark.
Fournier, S. (2019). A really good article. Retrieved from [insert http address].