[SOLVED] “Rome’s Major Urban Structures” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
Can you help me understand this History question?
Week 3 Discussion
“Rome’s Major Urban Structures” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Select one (1) of the following famous ancient Roman structures that you find most fascinating: Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Pantheon, insulae, or bath complexes. After exploring the related resource(s) below on Rome, describe one (1) structure that you found most fascinating. Identify two (2) specific aspects of the structure in question, and make a comparison to specific aspects of modern urban life.
Rome’s Major Urban Structures
- Chapter 6, Roman architecture
- Colosseum images at http://www.the-colosseum.net/architecture/amphitheatrum-en.htm
- Circus Maximus images at http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/circus.html and http://romancolosseum.org/circus-maximus-in-rome/
- Circus Maximus article at http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/circusmaximus/circusmaximus.html
- Roman bath complexes at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/lostempires/roman/day.html Click on the numbers for a stroll through the Baths of Caracalla
- Please avoid using forbidden websites such as Course Hero, Cheggs, Wikipedia, etc., or any websites that have the answers “prepared” or “for sale.” Also please avoidposting content that is missing in-text citations and references. Both are examples of plagiarism. Your post or paper will be “Flagged” by Black Board and returned.
Template for Week 3 Discussion: Do not include the instructions in parenthesis in the written portion of your answer. These are instructions for each section. Please fill in each section with your summary of your research using your own words.
Please copy and paste template: Fill in template, copy and paste to Blackboard (please no attachments are allowed in discussion area, those using tablets or phones cannot open attachments, therefore unable to read or comment on your post.) Minimum of 125 Words
Hello class and Dr. C, here is my main discussion post for Week 3 “Rome’s Major Urban Structures”
- The urban structure I have chosen to discuss is: Well this part is easy: Just tell me which structure you are going to discuss: Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Pantheon, insulae (which were Roman apartment buildings), or bath complexes (feel free to insert a picture in the discussion as well of your topic that might be cool, if you cannot get picture to post, please send discussion without picture.
- Why I think this structure is interesting: Discuss a few things about your structure that you find fascinating. The Romans were amazing builders and each of these structures has some fascinating things about them to discuss.
- Each of What urban issue did this structures address: Each structure addressed urban issues that no other civilization had to deal with yet. The sheer size of the city of Rome created these urban problems and the Romans developed unique solutions. For example, if you discuss insulae you could address the fact that Rome had an expanding population and limited space. Most other civilizations just built outward as they expanded, but Rome, which would eventually be a city of over a million people simply did not have enough land to build out, so did they do? They built up!!! Created apartment style housing for the first time in historyThis is more of a critical thinking answer…so please answer the three questions below to answer this part of the discussion. It is your personal opinion: How this structure has impacted modern buildings? This part should be easy; all of these building structures have left an impact on modern building styles and techniques. Again, if youre assessing insulae, why do you think apartment buildings look the way they do, and are designed the way they are? Well, because thats how the Romans did it and each of these urban structures created a model for how future civilizations would design urban structures
- Did the structures solve social Issues? Y or N if so which ones…
- Did the structures solve entertainment issues? Y or N if so which ones…
- Did the structure solve political issues, Y or N it so which ones…
Your First name/or name you want to be called.
Template: Responding to a Classmate:
Hello, (Name of Classmate), Great Post!
I really enjoyed reading your post. One of the things I find interesting is:
The reason it is of interest is: (Minimum of 2 sentences)
Why do you think .? (ask your classmate a question pertaining to the post)
Thanks(Your first name/name you want to be called)