[SOLVED] PROPOSAL CLASSICAL ARGUMENT THESIS/OUTLINE ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
In Module 2, you must develop a thesis statement and outline for the 1,000-1,200 word proposal argument essay that you will write in Module 3. This assignment will show your understanding of the reading material covered so far in the course related to argument and essay development. Putting in the time to do the groundwork in the thesis/outline assignment will help you when you begin writing the actual essay in Module 3. It is important to review the sample student outline available in APA, MLA, and Turabian in chapter 13 to understand the expectations of this assignment that will be somewhat different from the expectations of the thesis/outline assignments the other essay assignments in this course.
Review chapter 13 in the textbook for the sample proposal classical argument thesis/outline written in the documentation style for your major course of study. Using the sample, complete your own thesis/outline in Module 2 that you will use in Module 3 to develop your Proposal Classical Argument Essay Assignment. Your thesis/outline assignment should include a clear thesis statement that addresses the question in the prompt with a clear proposal argument and an outline of your plan of support following the Classical Model of argument. The research sources for this essay have been provided for you in our course. Any additional sources that you may choose to use must be credible academic sources. You may include biblical support, but your biblical support does not count in the required citations.
• Prompt: What needs to be done to reform public education in the United States?
• Complete your thesis/outline using the sample in chapter 13 as a model while addressing the prompt question.
• Document your sources correctly according to your documentation style (Current APA, MLA, or Turabian).
• Integrate a total of at least 4 quotations, summaries and/or paraphrases from at least 3 credible academic sources.
• Chapter 13 in Module 2 includes sample student outlines for a proposal (Classical) thesis/outline in each of the documentation styles (APA, MLA, and Turabian).
• Chapter 3 in Module 2 includes a general outline for the Classical Model of argument.
• Review the Minimum Outline Requirements Checklist (below) to understand the content that you must include in your thesis/outline assignment.
• Review the Proposal Classical Argument Thesis/Outline Assignment Grading Rubric in the course before submitting your thesis/outline assignment.
Minimum Outline Requirements
Successful Needs Revision
1. Thesis statement: Clearly states your debatable proposal argument that includes a feasible solution for the problem
2. Evidence: Presents points that support the thesis. (In your outline, include at least the minimum number of required paraphrases, summaries, and/or quotes from outside sources as indicated in assignment instructions.)
3. Opposing argument(s): Presents viewpoints opposing your thesis argument giving special consideration to opposition of the proposal. (Including the strongest opposition to refute helps build your credibility and convinces your audience to consider or adopt your position.)
4. Organize your information into the correct outline format. (See examples for APA, MLA, and Turabian in Chapter 13 for the Classical Model of argument.)
5. Documentation Requirements for Outline (Include minimum number of sources required for this assignment.):
If using current APA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a References page.
If using current MLA format, include properly formatted parenthetical intext citations and a Works Cited page.
If using current Turabian format, include properly formatted footnotes and Bibliography page.
When you are satisfied with the quality of your thesis/outline, submit it via the submission link in Module 2 for grading. Include your degree program and whether you are using current MLA, APA, or Turabian in the document’s title when submitting your thesis/outline.
Related: [SOLVED] Argumentative Paper
Haven’t found relevant content or pressed of time? – Don’t worry, you have a team of professionals to help you.
All you need to do is fill in the order form in the upper right corner and upload the files that are crucial for your assignment. Also, don’t forget to specify whether your assignment has to be based upon a specific research, theory or method. After that, we will assign the most suitable expert to handle your work. You can always chat with your expert and ask any questions you have during the working process, and you will be asked to pay only after you receive a maximum subarray problem solved the way you needed it to be solved