[SOLVED] Memo project
Im trying to learn for my Business class and Im stuck. Can you help?
Explanation of the Internal Proposal
An internal proposal is a formal document that an employee writes and submits to supervisors or managers, suggesting a way to correct a problem in the company or improve performance/productivity.
The internal proposal uses a problem-solution-evidence pattern of organization:
- The writer first identifies a problem or need faced by the company.
- The writer next proposes a solution to the problem.
- The writer then presents several pieces of evidence in support of the proposed solution.The evidence usually falls into categories of
- equipment to be purchased or leased
- workspace and facilities to be built, remodeled, renovated, leased
- staff to be hired, retrained, or let go, and consultants to be used
- schedules and timelines of significant dates for the project
- budgets and costs of the project, including return on investment
Steps #1 and #2 are usually handled in the introduction to the proposal.Step #3, the presentation of evidence, is the longest part, taking up most of the space in the proposal.
As a formal document, your internal proposal will have the following sections:
- title page
- cover memo
- table of contents
- executive summary
- text of the proposal with an introduction, discussion and conclusion (around 1200 words)
- works cited page, if youve used secondary research.
Use the aardvark proposal as a model for the format of this proposal.
Memo I attached the template below
October 10, 2018
From: Your name
Subject: Internal proposal planning
My tentative plan for the internal proposal is to recommend an upgrade in computer hardware and software for an automobile insurance company.
Fox Den Auto Insurance faces a problem of losing customers because their computer system is old and therefore extremely slow in processing customer claims. Our competitors can process a claim in less than 12 hours, while we require two business days. An upgrade in hardware and software will make our data entry staff much more efficient. I will also recommend the creation of a centralized data entry hub.
My proposal will involve the purchase of hardware and software, physical modifications of company facilities, the hiring and retraining of personnel, a timeline and a budget.