[SOLVED] Dispositions for Culturally Responsive Teaching
Im trying to study for my Academic course and I need some help to understand this question.
GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
Written reflection on dispositions necessary to effectively teach students form diverse backgrounds (3-5 pages).
This assessment requires you to engage in the reflective practice required to be a culturally competent practitioner. For your assessment, you will reflect upon the experiences that have guided you toward becoming a culturally responsive practitioner. You will identify the dispositions necessary for working with students from diverse backgrounds and assess your proficiency with these dispositions. Conclude your narrative with your next steps and propose a community of practice with which you could continue the practice of culturally responsive teaching. What will you do with this information? How will you make changes within your practice to ensure a culturally responsive classroom?
Write a 35 page narrative that addresses the following:
- Identify dispositions that teachers need to possess in order to work with students and families from a variety of cultures.
- Assess your disposition proficiency in your teaching practice. You could use a Likert scale or a rubric you develop, or provide a narrative assessment.
- Reflect on your growth in these dispositions.
- What are your areas of strength and weakness?
- What dispositions come easily? What dispositions are difficult to portray?
- Develop a list of 45 questions you have about teaching your students from diverse backgrounds. Consider these questions in the context of the dispositions identified above.
- How will your disposition proficiency support these questions?
- What dispositions do you possess that helped you seek answers for these questions?
- Propose a community of practice centered on culturally responsive teaching in which you will continue to engage in professional development with others.
- What areas within culturally responsive pedagogy will support your community of practice?
- How can this community of practice contribute to the professional development of others in your setting?
Resources: Teacher Dispositions and Multicultural Education
The resources here provide a background in how teacher dispositions play a role in culturally relevant pedagogy and multicultural education.
Resources: Community of Practice
- The resources below provide strategies and a framework for developing communities of practice, which can be used to develop your assessment.
- Brouwer, P., Brekelmans, M., Nieuwenhuis, L., & Simons, R. (2012). Communities of practice in the school workplace. Journal of Educational Administration, 50(3), 346364.
- Herbers, M. S., Antelo, A., Ettling, D., & Buck, M. A. (2011). Improving teaching through a community of practice. Journal of Transformative Education, 9(2), 89108.
- Wegner-Trayner, B., & Wegner-Trayner, E. (2015). Introduction to communities of practice: A brief overview of the concept and its uses. Retrieved from http://wenger-trayner.com/introduction-to-communit…
- King, M. (2016). Six key features of a successful community of practice [PDF]. The Journal of Staff Development, 37(6), 1214. Retrieved from https://learningforward.org/docs/default-source/js…