Business and Finance Homework Help
Discussion: The Market is Calling for Biolage R.A.W.
Biolage R.A.W. is a professional haircare brand launched in 2017, in Portugal. The brand is taking its first steps into the Portuguese market and facing a lack of awareness about high-end natural products along with facing challenges with pricing in this segment. This case looks at how Biolage R.A.W. can come up with a launch strategy in a market where the brand name is unknown and the price of the products is regarded as high by the target consumer. After completing this weeks readings and after reading the corresponding article in the Reading and Resources section of this module, address the importance of
Identifying your target demographic(s)
Defining the psychographics of your target demographic(s)
Addressing the needs and wants of the target demographic(s)
Describing how the company can use its brand to help establish trust with the target demographic
Write a report (clearly typed in a MS-Word file using MS-Word). Your report should be broken into two sections:
Section 1: Summary of the article (first paragraph): Tell me what the article is about and what major points the author is making, and his/her conclusions in a paragraph (5-10 sentences long at the most). Do not copy/paste excerpts from the article. Summary should be in your own words and should be based on your understanding of the issue covered in the article. No copying/pasting from various sources (just in your own words).
Section 2: Your thoughts on the article (at the most two paragraphs long): Critically evaluate author’s findings. For example, tell me why you agree or disagree with the author or his/her points, by supporting your own points by giving examples, or by providing convincing evidence for your points. You could also highlight the shortcomings of the article. (e.g., Do you share or do not share any of the points outlined in the article? Why? Why not?). Again no copying/pasting from various sources (just in your own words).
Write an objective review of a product you use regularly by comparing it to a similar product.
Your discussion grade will be based on the thoroughness, accuracy, and insightful response; also, your use of correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and paragraph format. Develop at least the minimum word count of 300 words. Include an introduction, body paragraph, and a conclusion; double space, 12-inch font.
Be sure you spell check your statements. Read the entire forum question before responding. To add your response, click on the “add a new question. Give your response a title and then type your response in the text/comment box provided. Be sure to click post to forum to submit the assignment to the instructor. Save as an attachment; save and upload the file.
Originality Report .5 pt (No higher than 30%.. Anything above 60% will be carefully assessed and with a high probability that you will be requested to re-submit)
– Content Relevancy .5 pt (100% relevant content to the subject matter)
– Content Volume .5 pt (it must be at least 200 words of writing per question)
All explanations must be based on your own words, Not copy and paste from the internet
Answer the following questions:
– Some economist believe that in order to really understand macroeconomics, you must first understand microeconomics. How does microeconomics relates to macroeconomics?
– What is the law of demand? Give two examples of how you have observe the law of demand at work in the “real world.” How is the law of demand related to the demand curve?
– Why is the price elasticity of demand for Coca-Cola greater than price elasticity of demand for soft drinks generally?
– Some restaurants offer “all you can eat” meals. How is this practice related of diminishing marginal utility? What restrictions must the restaurant impose on the customer in order to make a profit?
***MARKETING INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE*** POSITION (EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/MARKETING MANAGER)
In paragraph format answer the following (Please include headers specified in #1-3 below):
1. The Main Activities
Describe in detail 3-5 main activities, duties, or responsibilities you completed during your internship. (For example, activities might include designing a newsletter, writing memos, entering data, analyzing financial reports, etc.) Give a description of the activity, the process you went through to successfully complete the activity and any results, etc. Talk about any assumptions you had going in to the internship, what surprised you, etc.
When applicable, attach examples of your work. (Always check with your site supervisor first to make sure the material can be included in your report. We do not want you to include any information the organization deems proprietary or confidential).
2. Class Concepts
Identify 2-3 class concepts or theories (from your academic work thus far) that relate to your internship work and discuss these relationships. Describe any skills/knowledge you acquired as they relate to class concepts.
3. Impact on Development
Identify and explain, with examples, 2-3 aspects of your internship experience that impacted you in areas such as your point of view, your learning, your professional development. Related examples might include a change of viewpoint, networking, communication skills, problem-solving skills, time management, etc.
Utilize concepts and terms learned in the course to prepare pare a 3-5
page paper that addresses items 1 4 below:
1. Discuss the importance of establishing a quality management
system and show how such quality processes are initiated
successfully within an organization.
2. Describe the differences between processes at an organization
that do not utilize quality practices, and one that does. What
specific benefits will be yielded by adapting a quality
3. Examine a specific quality methodology, and discuss how it is
utilized to increase efficiency and establish a continuous
improvement mindset within an organization.
4. Discuss how quality processes are adapted throughout an
entire organization and specifically note what actions could be
established that would eliminate friction.
Must be double-spaced with 1-inch margins and typed in
12-point Times New Roman.
Your Essay should have a Title Page and References Page.
Proofread for spelling and grammar mistakes.
Cite all texts used, including page numbers to avoid plagiarism.
Be sure to provide specific examples and research to support
Again, the paper should be 3 5 pages (excluding the title and
The goal of this assignment is to answer the questions provided by
1 / 2
utilizing the four SLO’s that we have discussed to date….your paper
will be graded by how well you can incorporate them into the
framework of your paper.
Please contact me immediately if you have questions and/or concerns
about turning in the paper on time.
CASE ASSIGNMENT DUE NO LATER THAN SUNDAY 11:59 PM (PST)
Assume you have just earned your master’s degree in finance and are now employed by the Cosmo K Manufacturing Group. Your employment is contingent on your successful completion of several tasks over the next four weeks and the successful completion of a comprehensive exam to obtain company certification in finance. Each week, you will be assigned projects of interest to the company that will test your competence in finance.
Gerry has decided that you need some experience in evaluating other firms in the marketplace. Accordingly, he has asked you to select any company listed on the NYSE or the NASDAQ. For your selected company, identify and download the most recent financial statements for the last three to five years, to include the following:
Identify the predominant industry in which your company operates. Find the industry averages for that industry for the following ratios:
Total asset turnover
Return on assets
Return on equity
Calculate as many of the listed ratios for your selected company as possible using the financial statements you acquired.
Conduct a trend analysis for the last three to five years. What trends can you identify? What do they indicate?
Compare the ratios for the last common year to the industry averages. What conclusions can you draw regarding your company’s performance? What are your company’s strengths and weaknesses?
Identify the changes that need to be made by the company to improve its performance, as compared to the industry, on the basis of the ratios.
Conduct a DuPont analysis for your selected company. What conclusions can you draw for improving your company’s performance on the basis of this analysis?
Complete an analysis of the key external factors that have implications for successful implementation of your organizations VMO, strategy and goals/objectives. You will examine your organizations industry and the competitive conditions/positioning affecting it now or likely to do so in the future. Submit your work in your assignment folder in the form of an approximate 2,000-word double-spaced APA-formatted paper. The title page, reference list, and any appendices are not included in this suggested word count. You do not need to include an abstract.
Your paper should address these topics:
1. A brief explanation of the industry (or industries) in which your organization operates as well as context for your organization current positioning.
2. Analyze the current conditions in your organizations industry and in its relevant general environment and their likely implications for successful implementation of your organizations strategic goals and related actions. Be sure to address the PESTEL framework.
3. Apply Porters Five-Forces Model to enrich your understanding of the environment in which your organization is now or may be operating. The Five Forces model should stress that this model is used to evaluate the industry, not your selected organizations activities. The model should be used to isolate the dominant force(s) in the industry faced by all competitors and that produce the greatest threat to your organizations profits and/or strategy. You should discuss how your firm can provide a defense against this threat or threats.
4. Describe your organizations strategic group and construct a map to show its relative market position. Add in a discussion of your rationale for the grouping.
5. Summarize the threats and opportunities facing your organization gleaned from your analysis. (SWOT analysis) Submit the SWOT format in Table form and add in some narrative to discuss the threats and opportunities in more detail. Explain in your discussion (not in the table) why you selected them and how they relate to the VMO and organizations strategy.
6. Evaluate the extent to which your organizations current strategy appears a good match for the competitive conditions it confronts or any gaps that must be addressed.
7. Add in a strong conclusion that ensures the reader leaves your paper with a clear recap of your key points.
IMPORTANT: Do not just use someone else’s SWOT, Five Forces, or other analysis. We want you to think for yourself. Critically analyze your firm and write about your original conclusions. Again, imagine you have been asked by the organizations CEO or top leader to offer an assessment of the organization and how well it is positioned (or not) to deliver on the VMO and strategy in the external environment. This is a critical element, stand back and offer thoughtful criticism and recommendations.
In the study of human behaviors, organizational leaders must understand concepts such as values, attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors of people. The objective is to align their thoughts, emotions, and competencies with organizational success. We often ask why people do things the way they do or behave in a certain way. Research these attributes and provide references.
Address the following questions:
How are values formed? How do they influence our attitudes toward work and others?
In the workers perspective, why are perceptions their reality?
Why do negative behaviors affect organizational success?
What can organizational leaders do to foster a positive work environment?
Your Discussion posts should be a minimum of 250 words in length and not more than 750 words. Use APA citations and references for the textbook and any other sources used.